What is Naturopathic Medicine?
Naturopathic medicine is a distinct form of health care with an emphasis on prevention, treatment and optimal health guided by the use of therapeutic modalities which support the bodies innate ability towards self-healing.
Foundations of Naturopathic Medicine:
- Vis Medicatrix Naturae (The Healing Power of Nature)
- Docere (Doctor as Teacher)
- Tolle Causam (Identify and Treat the Causes)
- Primum Non Nocere (First Do No Harm)
- Treat the whole person
In conjunction with the Foundations of Naturopathic Medicine, a therapeutic order is incorporated in order to utilize the least invasive modalities first, while understanding that there is a time and a place for more invasive modalities as well.
- Re-establish basis of health
- Identify cause and remove the obstacles to cure
- Stimulate healing processes
- Support weakened or damaged systems/organs
- Restore structural integrity
- Address pathology
- Palliative treatment